TKG offers the following programs – click on the title to learn more:
Click here to fill out the application online.
- FULL DAY Program: This program is a 5-day a week day school. The program runs Monday through Friday (from 9am to 3pm, except Mondays 2pm) for students ages 4-12. Our mission of accessibility offers an option to defray tuition in exchange for parent work hours. We plan to open enrollment to 13 and 14 year students in 2018.
- “D-K” Program: This program is for 4-year old students who are ready for more. Tuition is prorated. Please fill out the ‘full day program’ application and mark the application with DK-Program. The options include:
- Shorter Day – Join us Monday through Friday from 9 to 1pm each day. Tuition is $9,880 for the year.
- Shorter Week – Join us Tuesday through Thursday from 9 to 1pm each day. Tuition is $5,928 for the year.
- Full Day – Join us Monday through Friday from 9 to 3pm. Full tuition.
- Park Day Only – Sign up, here.
- Homeschool Enrichment: There are a few ways to take advantage of an established social community while getting your academic and enrichment needs taken care of. Visit this page to learn more.
- Parent & Me Playgroup: Currently on hiatus but let us know if you’re interested.
- Before/After-School Groups: TKG students and community are welcome to extend their day at TKG!
- Summer Camps: Our camps a hands-on, project based camps designed to help students develop creativity, growth-mindset in a social culture of inclusion and community. We’ll announce our options very soon!
This video, “RSA Animate – Changing Education Paradigms” with Sir Ken Robinson inspired the founding of our school and continues to inspire us to keep our classrooms responsive to the changing needs of community and economy:
Full Day Program
Admission to the program is based on developmental readiness and not necessarily upon chronological age. Click here to fill out the application online (google form).
- Parent Information Night
- Submit Application
- Tour TKG
- Parent Meeting
- Classroom Visit
- Home Visit (if needed)
- Notification of Enrollment Status
1. Information Event Info nights are scheduled between October and March.
Upcoming Enrollment Event: Maker Fair
If you are interested in enrolling for the 2017-2018 school year, please contact us to schedule a tour.
Our classes are multi-age; we seek children who self-propel in an environment that fosters collaboration and community. TKG reserves the right to determine whether the program is a good fit for the family and the program.
There is a $55.00 non-refundable, one-time application fee. You will receive notification confirming the receipt of your application. Contact us for more information.
We would like all applicant families to visit the school and see the philosophy in action. This tour is for parents/guardians only.
TKG is a collaborative community. Community is built through the involvement of various school duties and activities. Fundraising and special events that require parent participation, not only to keep tuition and fees low, build the bonds between members of the community. This is also a good time for you to communicate your goals and expectations of the program – you will have the opportunity to hear first-hand the philosophy, expectations, and commitments that are part of being a member of the founding community. You will be able to have all your questions addressed and should come away with a realistic understanding of what TKG can offer your child.
Students will visit the classroom on a regular school day. The purpose of this meeting is for Teachers to observe students in a group setting as well as create opportunities for connections to other students and teachers.
If TKG recommends this visit, a teacher will visit you at home, or a location of your choice, and get to know your child personally. The benefit and purpose of this visit is to understand your child’s developmental level, learn about their interests and assess the student’s connection to currently enrolled students.
We may contact student’s current/former teacher for additional information and will notify you in advance if this is necessary.
Parents will be notified regarding the student’s enrollment status, once the appropriate meetings have been completed. Contact us for more information.
After enrollment is confirmed, a tuition contract is required to be signed and returned within 14 days. A non-refundable Registration fee of $100 plus the first month’s tuition is due at the same time.
THE KNOWING GARDEN school will admit students of any race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national nor ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship, and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.