Our school opened in 2011 because families were looking for something different.
TKG offers full-time school, homeschool enrichment, Summer School, camps, after-school camp, and currently, distance learning for students within the ages of 5 to 10. On September 8th, we plan to open with play and learning, outdoors. Our classes are multi-age. Curious and self-propelled children thrive in this environment that fosters growth-mindset and community. Admission to the program is based on developmental readiness and not necessarily upon chronological age. Take a “covid edition” tour, here.
TKG enrolls students ages 5 to 10 in the following programs (currently, our program is fully distanced. See our updates here):
Full-Time school is Monday through Friday from 9 to 3pm. Students ages 5 end the day at 1pm. We are currently unable to open campus so we are having school outdoors. Please see this page for more details. We invite you to fill out the enrollment application, online.
Summer School & Tutoring is available beginning July 6 through August 28th. Tutoring (on-site) is open registration of 2-hour sessions exclusively for enrolled families with a maximum of 5 children. School will follow our full social distance format and is open enrollment. Register for Summer School or Tutoring.
Homeschool Enrichment programs include outdoor/nature days and passion project workshop. These programs are not available if school is distanced or in COVID protocols. Learn more.
Before/After-School Play & Tutoring is offered Monday through Friday, 8-9am and 3-5pm. Tutoring with COVID protocols may be available. Register for this enrichment.
The school year will begin on September 8th.
- Submit Application and complete non-refundable application fee due.
- Tour TKG. We offer video tours and online meetings with teachers at this time.
- Parent Meeting – The purpose of this meeting is for parents and school leaders to plant the seeds of relationship – this anchors school business, parent involvement, and conflict resolution.
- Student Visit – Students are also part of this process. By attending a school meeting, they can see how it feels and teachers can see how it feels too. We may contact a student’s current/former teacher for additional information and will notify you in advance if this is necessary.
- Notification of Enrollment Status
Other holidays to be announced
Dec 11 – Jan. 1
Mar 29 – Apr 9
After enrollment is confirmed, a tuition contract is required to be signed and returned within 14 days. A non-refundable registration fee of $500 plus the tuition deposit is due at the same time. TKG reserves the right to determine whether the program is a good fit for the family and the program.
THE KNOWING GARDEN school will admit students of any race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national nor ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship, and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.