Goals and intentions
- Embody the TKG values of hands-on learning and empowerment
- Cohesive, school-wide schedule to streamline communications and planning
- Consistent and clear information on common core standards being met
- Trust in teachers & admin to meet specific learning needs and offer parent support
- Trust in students to work at their pace and develop personal strategies for staying on their learning track
- Trust in parents to keep communication open and seek support
- Re-imagine TKG traditions and greater community experiences to keep students excited and fulfill their TKG expectations
- TKG materials check out: library bundles or project materials may be available for pick up (by request/appointment)
- Experience Nature and field day provocations via Michelle’s YouTube channel
- Offer social-emotional resources via daily newsletters
We will keep general, consistent timeframes for online meetings. Play is a priority! Whether it is learning through or for relaxation – children are always learning through play. Parents & families should plan for approximately 3-4 hours of school time each day. With a maximum of 45 minute work periods and movement every 15 minutes – it compresses the “work” time. Above all listen to your children.
Teachers are (virtually) available for their students to guide meaningful learning with a balance of live instruction, recorded instruction, group work, and student office hours. Teachers may need some flexibility at times – to be responsive to students – we appreciate your flexibility too.
10am Morning Meetings
Mon – Redwoods (3rd/4th grade)
Wed – Nature Growers (1st/2nd grade)
11am Social & Community Meetings (open)
Mon – Michelle’s Social & Celebration of Learning
Enrichment & Community Meetings
Mon, 3:30pm – Crafting Play (with Kelsey)
Tuesday, 1pm – Parent Support Group
Thr, 1pm – Gratitude Circle
Fri, 5pm – Parent Social Time
Mon – Arts & Crafts
Tue – Activism/Social-Justice
Wed – Nature
Thr – Gratitude
Fri – Passion Project
- We are adjusting our assessment practices to best monitor academic growth tied to Common Core Standards. This will allow us to track individuals more specifically.
- If you are interested in summer learning opportunities to ensure that students continue on their trajectory, please reach out to admin.
- Review the Info Board often and first.
- Please arrive to meetings on time. If you will not attend (or cannot attend), please let your teacher know before the meeting.
- Questions are welcome and constructive feedback is encouraged.
- We support a balance of online and analog work.
- Recorded lessons give us the ability to sustain student stamina and teach abstract concepts because they allow for re-teaching with differentiation and to re-emphasize key concepts.
Working Online Guidelines
- Online time as a way to optimize the learner’s understanding of self, discrete skills (packet), and connection to community.
- Please remind students (in a developmentally appropriate way) that everything we do online leaves a footprint. Anything we do or say online is like being in-person.
- Students and parents should understand how to protect their private information. Please seek help if needed!
- Communications between students and adults is an open forum with devices placed in a public part of the home.
- Students should share their emails, work, and communications with their parents; and check with parents before reaching out directly to teachers.