The school was built upon a belief that TKG should be accessible and inclusive.
Every student’s tuition covers teacher salaries plus health benefits, classroom materials, community education, and location rent and we also ask for fundraising and donations to help us bridge the operational expenses. All families will incur additional expenses in the form of extracurricular activities, supplemental classroom materials, and community events. Tuition covers the school year beginning soon after the Labor Day holiday and ending the second week of June. To support accessibility, families can apply for a co-op tuition model.
We believe our educational environment should be the norm but until then, we must each make the commitment and sacrifice to support schools like TKG. Tuition is very low compared to typical private schools. Approximately half of our operating budget goes to the instructional program (compared to the NAIS* average of 43%). Our income categories include Tuition/Fees (82%) with donations and fundraising making up the rest. Families are asked to make up the gap (announced at the beginning of the school year) of tuition to the operating cost per student with a donation. You won’t find TKG’s safe, nurturing, and whole-person education experience – at such low ratios – anywhere else at this cost.
FULL-TIME TUITION from September 8, 2020 through June 18, 2021
- Full Time (M-F) $15,275 (please inquire for COVID tuition)
- Acorn (ages 5) Program (M-F 9-1) $12,525 (please inquire for COVID tuition)
- If TKG transitions to fully-distanced school, a 20% discount may be available.
ADDITIONAL COSTS for full-time enrollment
- $65 Application Fee (one-time)
- $500 New Student Registration Fee (one-time)
- $300 Materials Fee (annually)
- $320 Insurance Fee (annually)
- $120 Community Meeting Fee (annually)
SUMMER SCHOOL TUITION – Distance learning School from July 6 to August 28 (2 months)
- $500 per student per month
- $800 per student for the whole session
SUMMER TUTORING – 2-hour blocks on campus, 4 student maximum Monday through Friday from July 6 to August 28 (2 months)
- $30 per 2-hour session
- $400 per month (per student)
- $675 for the whole session (per student)
- Siblings invited at a 30% discount in each category
- Tuition is due to the business office, on the 1st of each month.
- Tuition is paid monthly from August through March.
- A 30% tuition deposit is due with contract.
Moderated tuition and co-op may be available. If you have any questions, please contact our Business Manager.
If you would like to see if you qualify for co-op hours – to reduce tuition rate, please review this document: Moderated Tuition Overview. Click this link to apply. Co-op hours are determined per family.