Parent/Educator Workshop: Engaging Play that Makes Us Uncomfortable
Our community has been having conversations about imaginary play and the feelings – sometimes big emotions – that “gun play” may bring up for us. We’ve noticed that our social media streams are being populated by people wanting to share, wonder and challenge their beliefs. So, we believe this is the right time to bring us all together for a facilitated conversation to:
1. Help us process
2. Connect with our network
3. Debate ideas
4. Articulate our family values within the context of culture
5. Understand community and school values
This is a three-part series designed to help us immerse, process and regroup, together.
TKG BookClub: Braving the Wilderness (Winter 2018)
Daytime Echo Parenting Class – 6 Week Series
with Renee Dokmanovich, RN
Starts April 26th of 2018
Echo Parenting is an empathy led approach to raising children. You will learn about:
– Child Development and Brain Development
– What social and emotional intelligence is and why it is so important when it comes to raising children.
– Why our childhood experiences inform how we parent today and how to overcome obstacles to connecting with your child.
– Why do we get so frustrated and angry with our children? Why do our children get so frustrated and angry? What you can do about it in a way that feels connected and loving for the both of you.
– Setting Limits
I am a registered nurse and mother of 14 year old twins and a 10 year old. I’ve followed Echo’s parenting philosophy since my twins were 1 year olds. I’ve worked in classroom settings for 10 years and have experience supporting children with special needs. My RN continuing education requirements are filled in the most current areas of Interpersonal Neurobiology, Brain Science , Psychology/Mental Health, Child Development, Social Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Sensory Processing Disorders, Trauma Informed Care conferences, Echo Parenting & Education workshops, and Dr. Dan Siegel’s Mindsight Classes.
Class meets for 6 consecutive Thursdays starting April 26th through May 31st of 2018. Meetings will be held from 10am-12pm @ a location in Redondo Beach. Class fee is $225 per person & $350 per couple. Please RSVP by 4/4/2018 to hold your spot.
To Register – email this link.