Goals and intentions
● TKG is meeting outdoors in small pods, not indoors, for any part of the school day
● Our goal is to preserve TKG values of hands-on learning and empowerment
● Parents will not send sick children to school
● Trust in teachers & admin to meet the needs of class health & safety.
● Trust in students & families to prioritize community health & safety
● Offer whole-child and community resources via private parents Info page
● Agencies of reference: California Department of Public Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the California Department of Education, RBUSD
● TKG is not responsible for any COVID exposure on the public park grounds or for families who are irresponsible with their COVID protocols.
● There will be updates and changes to this plan based on re-evaluations, new enrollment, or official agency mandates.
● We are an outdoor school. Indoor use may be considered in the event of inclement weather
● Teachers are vaccinated or testing weekly
● Parents should be prepared to check in via Brightwheel app and complete the health screening daily
● Bodies touching and food/tool sharing will be re-directed and supported with sanitizing.
● Hands will be sanitized often. Parents are encouraged to teach their children about sanitizing regularly
COVID Reporting & Questions should be sent to: Trevor Graham-Wilcox at email@example.com or 310 728.9337. Any COVID exposure must be reported to TKG Admin or Teachers.
If we receive a positive COVID report within the class, we will notify the entire community.
- Any students or staff exhibiting common COVID-19 symptoms will wait in an isolation area until a parent or authorized adult comes to pick them up.
- When a student or staff has had a close exposure to COVID-19 they will isolate for 5 days from the school community then return, masked, if no symptoms and test negative, per CDC guidelines
- Testing is encouraged.
- Precautions are encouraged.
- Families agree that they will not attend a trial day if their student is or has been sick within the last 7 days of the visit
- Families pledge to alert TKG about any COVID exposure
- COVID confirmed cases should wait to return to work/school when there are no fevers and at least 3 days from initial signs of symptoms.
Quick Links & Reminders
● We encourage vaccination against COVID-19 for eligible staff, students, and their family members
● Hands should be washed for at least 20 seconds with soap and water when available, and students/staff should use fragrance free 60% (minimum) ethyl-alcohol hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available. If hands are visibly dirty, soap and water must be used.
● Ongoing health monitoring of students and staff is critical to decreasing the rate of transmission in schools and the community. Common symptoms of COVID-19 include a newly developed cough (i.e. not related to asthma or allergies), fever over 100.4, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, and new loss of taste or smell. Seek immediate medical attention if someone displays emergency warning signs of COVID-19: Trouble breathing, persistent chest pain or pressure, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, bluish lips or face.
*Updated December 2022